Ocean Resort Casino to Drive Hard Rock Wave, Announces Exact Same June 28 Opening Date

Ocean Resort Casino to Drive Hard Rock Wave, Announces Exact Same June 28 Opening Date

Ocean Resort Casino is opening June 28, the same day as Hard Rock, in what’s most likely to become Atlantic City’s unofficial begin to the 2018 summer.

Ocean Resort Casino would be to open its doors in June on the really same day as its neighbor down the Boardwalk.

Though summer technically begins a week previously June 21, the opening of Ocean Resort and complex Rock on the day that is same attract a mob of visitors to New Jersey’s beachfront gambling hub.

Ocean Resort, the revel that is former and Hard Rock, the former Trump Taj Mahal, are just a short walk from one another.

Ocean Resort was acquired in January by Colorado developer Bruce Deifik’s Integrated qualities for $200 million from Glenn Straub. The property, which cost $2.4 billion to build but closed less than two and a half years after its 2014 opening, had been sold to Straub in bankruptcy just for $82 million.

Deifik’s team is overhauling the resort at a cost that is unknown make it more appealing than its previous incarnation. The smoking ban is being lifted, two-night minimum weekend stays are no more, pedestrian traffic flow is being made simpler, and the entire ‘stuffy’ customer support is going to be transformed to ‘treat people with respect,’ Deifik recently told the Associated Press.

After rumors emerged that Ocean Resort Casino had been considering opening the day that is same tricky Rock, Deifik confirmed as much in a statement issued on Monday.

What to Expect

The whole 6.4 million-square-foot Ocean Resort Casino is ‘undergoing a property refresh,’ according to Deifik.

Notable new features are the globe’s biggest Topgolf Swing Suite that provides simulated golf games, renovated 5,500-seat Ovation Hall theater, brand new time and nightclubs, spa, and 16 dining establishments.

Though smoking will be permitted in designated sections of the casino flooring, Ocean Resort hopes to become more family-friendly at the time that is same. a kid-focused eatery called ‘Cereal Town’ where kiddies can have ‘cereal from around the globe’ is one particular ploy to get parents in the doorways.

The casino will span 138,000 feet that are square. Before gaming operations can begin, the state Casino Control Commission will have to review a suggestion from the Division of Gaming Enforcement and hold a hearing.

Cause for Celebration

Hard Rock Atlantic City bought the shuttered Taj from billionaire Carl Icahn in March 2017 for $50 million. The company that is seminole-owned spending more than $500 million turning the resort into a rock ‘n’ roll-themed destination.

Gambling, according to tricky Rock CEO Jim Allen, can come second.

‘ When we announced that people were going to help the Atlantic City video gaming market, we possessed a various view point,’ Allen said last month. ‘It’s not about video gaming. It’s about entertainment.’

But Atlantic City is about gaming, and while Allen is living as much as his claim by reserving 300 concerts and shows in one, the resort’s future will likely heavily depend on revenues generated inside the casino year.

The seven remaining casinos have published back-to-back annual gaming that is gross wins after suffering nine years of declines that saw five resorts shutter. The reopening of two Atlantic City casinos is reason to celebrate, but with caution.

Anthony Marino, a professor that is former Stockton University, published in the Lloyd D. Levenson Institute of Gaming quarterly publication last month that the new resorts have plenty of wow element. He believes they will attract new visitors to Atlantic City, and never simply poach from existing properties.

‘The brand new arrivals to your Atlantic City tourism market can simply be likely to generate publicity that is considerable large crowds,’ Marino concluded.

Derek Stevens’ Downtown Casino Plans Head to Las Vegas Planning Commission

Derek Stevens, owner of the ‘The D’ and Golden Gate in downtown nevada, has submitted intends to the Las Vegas Planning Commission for his mystical Fremont Street project, that may be the first new resort and casino to be built from the base up downtown since 1980. The commission is scheduled to have a series of votes on the plans on Tuesday.

Natural-born showman Derek Stevens has been unusually quiet about his plans for the part of Fremont and Main, but Las Vegas Mayor, Carolyn Goodman, has promised they will ‘blow the lid off everything’ and complete the regeneration of downtown. (Image: Las Vegas Review-Journal)

Stevens has been uncharacteristically tight-lipped about the development, which, as far as we know, does not yet have a name that is official. What we do know for sure, from specifications submitted to the commission, is that the casino that is 1,224,485-square-foot resort will be 459-feet-tall, with 777 guest rooms and 117,740 square foot of gaming area.

The property will have a 1,526-space parking storage across Main Street that are going to be connected to the casino via a sky connection. Other features include a rooftop lounge, a sports book, a ballroom with meeting space, a nightclub, several pubs and restaurants, a pool and spa.

However the description may not justice do it. According to Mayor Carolyn Goodman recently, the task will transform the end that is west of Street and ‘blow the lid off everything.’

Grandissimo Planissimo

The casino will rise from the rubble of the historic Las Vegas Club, which had stood on the corner of Fremont and Main since 1949, until it was bought by Stevens and their brother, Greg Stevens, and demolished last year.

Also bulldozed within the true title of progress was the Mermaids casinos and Glitter Gulch Strip Club, along with the ‘Vegas Vicky’ neon cowgirl.

Stevens recently hinted that ‘Grandissimo’ could be described as a name for the project. Jay Sarno, who built Caesars Palace, envisaged a resort that is mega the city with that name, however the plan never stumbled on fruition, and now Stevens owns the liberties to the title.

‘The name, the story, the innovation and imagination of Jay Sarno can be so important in the history of Las Vegas,’ he told the Las Vegas Review-Journal in February, before adding Gramdissimo was only one possibility and that he remained undecided.

Downtown Upturn

Downtown has enjoyed a revival in the last few years and Stevens believes his task will attract a lot more visitors away from the Strip. Despite the area getting a revamp with of a number of non-gaming attractions, most downtown that is recent have been remodels or refurbishments.

The brand-new that is last to be built from the bottom up was the Sundance in 1980, which later became the leprechaun-themed Fitzgerald’s, and then, in 2012, Stevens’ own D Las Vegas.

If Stevens’ plans get planning commission sign-off, the Las Vegas City Council may have the ultimate say, having a vote anticipated next month.

Steve Wynn No Longer Has Control Over Namesake Company, Massachusetts Gaming Commission Rules

Based on the Massachusetts Gaming Commission (MGC), the relationship between Steve Wynn and his casino that is former company been successfully dissolved.

The Steve Wynn signature 1bet no longer accompanies the $2.5 billion incorporated resort in Everett, Massachusetts, which is now known as Encore Boston Harbor. (Image: Chris Christo/Boston Herald)

In a ruling granted this week, state regulators concluded that the billionaire’s previous ownership and capacity that is executive Wynn Resorts doesn’t have any bearing regarding the future of the business’s $2.5 billion integrated resort being built in Everett called Encore Boston Harbor.

The five-member MGC said presented evidence generated their determination that Steve Wynn is not an ‘individual qualifier,’ or person with an interest that is professional the Massachusetts gaming license issued to Wynn MA, LLC.

He committed no wrongdoing, Wynn resigned in February after numerous allegations of sexual misconduct made against came to light though he continues to maintain. In belated March, the disgraced Las Vegas visionary sold his whole stake into the company he founded in 2002.

The MGC said Steve Wynn ‘is not an officer or director of Wynn Resorts, and accordingly, they can no longer exercise control or provide direction. in a statement’

However, the commission added that due to Wynn’s 12 per cent stock ownership as of the start of March, he would nevertheless be entitled to rights that are voting the business’s annual shareholders conference planned for May 16. The MGC claims upon verification that Steve Wynn will not exercise their straight to vote, ‘he will be de-designated as a qualifier.’

Win for Wynn Resorts

The MGC conclusion is the very first victory that is major brand new Wynn Resorts CEO Matt Maddox. His company remains under investigation by the state video gaming board that is regulatory to whether it’s suitable to keep a casino license.

But the MGC removing Steve Wynn’s name from the operating license, trained on his presumed decision to not vote at this month’s shareholder meeting, basically says the Encore Boston Harbor no longer has any relationship towards the former casino tycoon.

‘Steve Wynn is not Wynn Resorts,’ Maddox declared last month to the MGC. In this week’s adjudicatory ruling, it appears the gaming commission agrees.

Wynn Shunned

The MGC’s Investigations and Enforcement Bureau continues to probe whether Wynn Resorts executives and/or board people knew about the allegations that are sexual most specifically a $7.5 million settlement payment made in 2005 to a manicurist who reported she ended up being forced into having sex with the billionaire. The check was written from a shell limited liability company called Entity Y LLC.

During the bidding process, Massachusetts video gaming regulators determined Wynn Resorts and connected individual qualifiers were ‘suitable’ for licensure. The MGC specifically noted that Steve Wynn had been ‘highly ethical,’ and ‘a perfectionist who is passionate about everything he does.’

MGC Chairman Stephen Crosby stated in the wake of the bombshell allegations that ‘the people of Massachusetts have actually the directly to know what the hell happened.’

Wynn Resorts will wait patiently to see where in actuality the commission’s investigation comes down. For the time being, the company is implementing an insurance policy that will require all executives and board members to notify their legal team within 48 hours of any communication with Steve Wynn, which in turn will disclose such communication to your MGC.